Sunday, April 26, 2009

New Media Scavenger Hunt

I think new media is the exploration of new technologies to see what there possibilities are and what new inventions can be created.

Things that come to mind are those that I have experienced or a friend has told me how useful they are.

1) Iphone apps
2) New sign-in at the airports with touch screens
3) Bluetooth in vehicles
4) Those dancing or walking people downtown at intersections
5) Museums have a bunch of new media things to engage the person viewing it.

I think that the iphone apps are the coolest and useful out of everything on my list. Apple is obviously the one that created the iphone but several companies have created the apps that you can download for the phone. The amount of things you can do with the iphone is awesome from GPS to locate your parked car, to the phone acting as a level for when your hanging things up in your house. The apps are created through software engineering and are created for all iphone users. I believe that all phones in the next couple of years will have apps as well so everyone can use this great idea. I don't think I will use much of this research for my final but I may do a research project on it and use that as my final showing how some apps work or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment